Want more writerly content? Make sure to follow maxkirin.tumblr.com for your daily dose of writer positivity, advice, and prompts!
Great rules for writing.
These are some of the books that will be released in the week of July 28, 2014.
- Kalona’s Fall (House of Night Novellas, #4) by P.C. Cast
- The Young World (The Young World Trilogy, #1) by Chris Weitz
- Let’s Get Lost by Adi Alsaid
- The Bridge from Me to You by Lisa Schroeder
- The Fourth Wish (The Art of Wishing, #2) by Lindsay Ribar
- Before You (Before & After, #1) by Amber Hart
- Grace and the Guiltless by Erin Johnson
This fall, New York City becomes the first city in the nation to tackle the issue of girls’ self-esteem and body image. Recognizing that girls as young as 6 and 7 are struggling with body image and self-esteem, (over 80% of 10-year-old girls are afraid of being fat and by middle school, 40-70% of girls are dissatisfied with two or more parts of their body), New York City is launching a self-esteem initiative to help girls believe their value comes from their character, skills, and attributes – not appearance.
HOLY SHIT DISABILITY REPRESENTATION IN A MAINSTREAM BODY ACCEPTANCE CAMPAIGN
and girls of color!
“Books are the chocolate chips in the cookie of life.”
Sometimes, a book can help us through some tough stuff.
8 YA Reads about Losing Someone: